Thursday 9 July 2015

2 days to go!

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to find my blog :) I’ll be giving updates here over the next 5 or so weeks as I travel to Uganda to volunteer with Smile International.

Recently, I’ve been feeling so overwhelmed by the care and support of those around me. God has truly blessed me and surrounded me wonderful friends and family. To know that I am being prayed for by many genuinely loving brothers and sisters in Christ is so uplifting; the thoughts and kind words of many friends is truly valued. In God’s great provision, through your generosity, over £1600 has been raised towards my short-term mission trip - I am honestly stunned and very thankful. So thank you!! Very much.

It seems hard to believe that in 2 days me and Emily, my lovely cousin, will begin our journey to Uganda. I’m experiencing the expected mix of excitement and nerves as I think about it. I feel as though I been thrown out of a wonderful whirlwind of holidaying in Cyprus, enjoying time in Aberystwyth, visiting Sam’s parents in Berkshire and camping in Pembrokeshire with Sam (my boyfriend) – the last month has been fantastic, and suddenly I’m back home! It’s always a little strange coming back home, though I love it here dearly. It makes me realise how much God is changing me through my time at University and I’m getting used to bringing myself as a changed and changing person back home. Having dinner with friends, spending time with family and worshipping at St Johns, my home church, has made me feel so appreciative of those people close to me who I have been fortunate enough to know whilst growing up, and I feel so encouraged by them and their wisdom as I prepare to leave. This week is consisting of packing and buying any last bits and bobs I need to take out, plenty to keep me busy!

PRAYER POINTS:
-          Peace of mind and a steady heart as I prepare emotionally and spiritually (wearing the armour of God!)
-          That practicalities would go smoothly as I fly on Saturday

-          That I would be filled with courage and that I would be useful when I arrive

2 comments:

  1. Entebbe Airport is my favorite one in Africa - nice and compact, friendly staff and even the chocolate in duty free is not (always) excessively priced. Have a great journey and welcome to Uganda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know about chocolate for the way home... Haha thanks!

      Delete